Australian Doulas membership is open not only to doulas who have trained with Australian Doulas, but also doulas who have trained with other reputable doula training organisations.
Annual membership fees are as follows:
- Doulas trained by Australian Doulas - $100
- Doulas trained by other reputable doula training organisations - $300
It is important for all members of Australian Doulas to work within the same philosophy and it is therefore a condition of membership that all members agree to abide by our Code of Practice.
Membership application is a four stage process:
- Completion of a membership application (including agreeing to work within the Australian Doulas Code of Practice).
- Attendance at an Australian Doulas “Induction Day” at a cost of $20 – a day of getting to know each other. You will be required to present proof of your doula certification.
- The membership application will then be presented to members by the Secretary at the next general meeting.
- If the application has been passed at the general meeting, the application will be forwarded onto the Committee for final approval.
Membership benefits include: protection of working with the Australian Doulas Code of Practice; inclusion in the Australian Doula Member Facebook groups; further training opportunities offered by Australian Doulas; invitation to Australian Doulas Retreats and social events; Doula biography included on the Australian Doulas website; personal Doula biography promoted on social media; invite to participate in Australian Doula stalls at expos; access to the Australian Doulas library and resources.
Fill out the form below to begin the membership application process or contact our Secretary for more information.
Information for Applicants
- If your application is accepted, your name and address, as provided above, must be recorded in a register of members and be made available to other members, upon request, under section 27 of the Associations Incorporation Act.
- You can contact the Association at PO Box 4265, Canning Vale East WA 6155.
- You can access or correct personal information (your name and address) by contacting the Association as indicated above.
- If your application is accepted you are entitled to inspect and make a copy of the register of members under section 27 of the Associations Incorporation Act.
- If your application is accepted you are entitled to inspect and make a copy of the rules (constitution) of the association under section 28 of the Associations Incorporation Act.
If your application for membership is rejected by the Committee: You may give notice of your intention to appeal within 14 days of being advised of the rejection (rule 5(4)). The Association in a general meeting, no later than the next annual general meeting, must confirm or set aside the decision of the Committee rejecting your application, after giving you a reasonable opportunity to be heard or to make written representations to the general meeting (rule 5(5)).